At this time there are no paid staff positions open within the National Stuttering Association.
Insert info on open staff position(s) here!
Board of Directors
At this time there are no Board of Directors positions open within the National Stuttering Association.
Board of Directors
All interested and qualified applicants for a Board of Director “BOD” position should complete and submit the NSA Candidate Application (below) no later than June 21, 2019. Applicants do not need to be local to the NYC area, but minimal travel is required. These are volunteer positions. Current Nominations Committee members are: Evan Sherman, Sarah Onofri, and Bob Quesal.
The Marketing Director is a volunteer position on the Board of Directors, and holds ultimate responsibility for the organization’s marketing activities, and oversees the development and delivery of a fully integrated marketing strategy for the NSA.
Responsible for creating, implementing, and measuring the success of a yearly marketing plan that energizes the NSA membership, better positions the NSA as the leading voice within the stuttering community, syncs with BOD initiatives and increases overall NSA brand awareness.
Serves as a strategic communications advisor to the NSA Executive Director on matters including, but not limited to: public relations, media relations, social media, email newsletters, NSA website, special events, Annual Conference, and Regional Conferences.
Assists the Fund Development Team in developing strategic fundraising initiatives.
Assists the Adults Programs Chair and Family Programs Chair in developing programs and marketing communications to increase chapter engagement and chapter attendance.
Assists the Special Projects Chair in developing programs and marketing communications that address identified strategic needs (i.e. stuttering in the workplace, webinars, etc.).
Responsible for evaluating, communicating, and planning with organizations seeking strategic partnerships with the NSA.
Provides copywriting on an as-needed basis and assists with basic website maintenance.
Leads and/or participates in projects as assigned by the NSA Executive Director.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in marketing, public relations, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical and organizational skills.
- Effective time-management skills with the ability to multitask and deliver initiatives on time, on budget and on strategy.
- Possess strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Understands the importance of discretion and confidentiality, and governs themselves accordingly.
- Participation in local NSA Chapters and attendance at past Annual Conferences is preferred.
- Experience working with volunteers is desirable.
- Solid knowledge of common computer applications used for word processing, email, presentations, spreadsheets, and website design. (Advanced knowledge and skill is preferred.)
- Experience in engaging communities via social media.