This (up to) $2500 award is presented annually through 2021 via a competitive process, and seeks to provide funding for one research project annually in the area of stuttering treatment, stuttering assessment, or basic research in stuttering, with the intent of being used as start-up or support money for new or continuing research in the field of stuttering.
Guidelines for the award are as follows:
- Applications for the NSA Research Award must be completed according to the NSA Research Award Application Guidelines (updated April 2019).
- The NSA Research Fund Award will be presented at most one time per year. The recipient of the award will be notified by July 31st+. The award will be drawn from a restricted account and sent directly to the award recipient. Funds must be spent within one year of the when the award is announced. If no sufficient applications are received, funding will not be awarded for that year.
- The NSA Research Fund Award recipient will be reviewed and selected by a committee.
- The award will be announced within one week of the decision and posted on the NSA’s website. The recipient will provide a one-paragraph abstract of their proposal for use by the NSA.
- The award will be mailed to the recipient
- Within one year following the distribution of the award, the recipient will provide a brief description to the NSA National Office detailing how funds were used.
+During the initial year of the award (2013), dates were altered to meet a revised schedule