The Krishnan and Yegneswaran Family College Scholarship provides financial assistance to college students who stutter, supporting their educational pursuits and advancing the mission of the National Stuttering Association.
Eligibility Criteria for the College Scholarship:
- Stuttering Experience: Applicants must be individuals who stutter, demonstrating a genuine connection to the stuttering community.
- Academic Pursuit: Applicants should be pursuing higher education, whether in college, university, or vocational school, during the upcoming academic year.
- Field of Study: The scholarship is open to students in all fields of study and academic disciplines.
- Financial Need: The scholarship is open to students with demonstrated financial need, as determined through FAFSA or equivalent documentation.
- Passion for Advocacy: Applicants should exhibit a commitment to raising awareness about stuttering and advocating for individuals who stutter.
- Community Engagement: Preference will be given to applicants who have actively participated in community events, workshops, or support groups related to stuttering.
- Leadership Potential: The scholarship aims to support individuals who display leadership qualities, whether within their academic, social, or stuttering-related activities.
- Essay Submission: Applicants must submit an essay sharing their stuttering journey, aspirations, and how the scholarship would aid their educational, advocacy and professional pursuits.
- Recommendation Letters: Two letters of recommendation are required, one from an academic source and another from a mentor, coach, or community leader.
- Academic Standing: Applicants should maintain a GPA requirement of 3.0 or higher.
- Application Deadline: All application materials must be submitted by the specified deadline to be considered for the scholarship.
The scholarship committee reserves the right to adjust eligibility criteria as necessary, and all decisions made by the committee are final.
- Individuals who stutter are eligible to apply.
- A completed application form, including personal information and academic details.
- Proof of current enrollment as an undergrad in an accredited university, college or vocational school.
- An essay detailing your stuttering experience, educational goals, and how the scholarship will contribute to your academic journey.
- Official academic transcripts.
- Two letters of recommendation –
– One letter of recommendation from an academic or professional reference. (submitted directly to CS2023@westutter.org from the writer)
– One letter of recommendation from mentor, coach, or community leader. (submitted directly to CS2023@westutter.org from the writer)
- Proof of financial need, such as a statement of income or FAFSA documentation.
Scholarship recipients will be selected based on:
- Demonstrated commitment to academic excellence.
- Passion for advocacy and raising awareness about stuttering.
- Financial need and potential impact of the scholarship on their education.
Application opens: September 14, 2023
Application deadline: October 15, 2023/5PM ET
Scholarship recipients announced: December 15, 2023
Award Amount: $5,000 disbursed directly to your school account as a credit.
For more information and to apply, visit the KYFCS Application page.
Should you have any inquiries, please contact us at Info@WeStutter.org.