COVID-19 / Event Safety Protocols
We are continuing to follow any state and local mandates that are in place at the time of the event, as well as any rules put in place by the business/property. In addition, we ask attendees to review the following for our upcoming conference:
- Masks are not required, but attendees should feel free to wear one as their comfort level allows.
Hand Hygiene and Respiratory Etiquette
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol and rub until dry
- Avoid shouting and singing, especially indoors
The NSA will also have supplies on hand
- Access to restrooms to wash hands
- Hand Sanitizer
- Masks (paper in case of emergency, cloth for purchase)
- Signage and Messages (signs in visible locations that promote protective measures)
And of course, staying home when appropriate. Safety is our utmost priority.
NSA® Safety Waiver – Everyone attending the conference is required to agree to and follow the NSA Safety Waiver. Those who fail to comply will be asked to leave the event and will not receive a refund for registration or any travel expenses [View Waiver Below]
Liability Waiver& Release Form
I acknowledge that I derive personal satisfaction and a benefit by virtue of my participation and/or voluntarism with the National Stuttering Association® (“NSA”), and I willingly engage in NSA in-person meetings, events, and/or any interaction with the NSA or its members (the “Activity”).
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION.
While participating in the Activity, and per Marriott’s policy, face coverings are recommended in all indoor public areas, and you must comply with local, state, and federal guidelines applicable to you in order to reduce the risks of exposure to COVID-19. However, as infections can be passed by individuals not presenting symptoms, the NSA cannot guarantee that its participants, volunteers, partners, or others in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19.
In light of the ongoing spread of COVID-19, individuals who fall within any of the categories below should not engage in any Activity. By attending an Activity, you certify that you do not fall into any of the following categories:
1. Individuals who currently or within the past fourteen (14) days have experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath among others; or
2. Individuals who have been in direct contact with an individual known or suspected to have COVIC-19 within the past 72 hours, believe that they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19, or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for their treatment.
RELEASE AND WAIVER.
I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE AGAINST THE NSA AND SPONSORS, INCLUDING IN EACH CASE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THEIR PAST, PRESENT, OR FUTURE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), EITHER IN LAW OR IN EQUITY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES OR LOSSES CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE, FAULT OR CONDUCT OF ANY KIND ON THE PART OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DEATH, BODILY INJURY, ILLNESS, ECONOMIC LOSS OR OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, WHICH I, MY HEIRS, ASSIGNEES, NEXT OF KIN AND/OR LEGALLY APPOINTED OR DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVES, MAY HAVE OR WHICH MAY HEREINAFTER ACCRUE ON MY BEHALF, WHICH ARISE OR MAY HEREAFTER ARISE FROM MY PARTICIPATION WITH THE ACTIVITY. BY ATTENDING AND/OR PARTICIPATING IN THE ACTIVITY, YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE GIVEN A FULL RELEASE OF LIABILITY TO THE RELEASED PARTIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
I agree to indemnify and hold NSA and the Released Parties harmless from any and all liability, loss or damage (including reasonable attorney fees) caused by or arising in any manner from my participation in the Activity.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK. I acknowledge and understand the following:
- Participation in the Activity includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist;
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the Released Parties; and 3. I hereby knowingly assume the risk of injury, harm and loss associated with the Activity, including any injury, harm and loss caused by the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties.
As an NSA member, participant, volunteer, and/or attendee, you recognize that your participation in, involvement and/or attendance at any Activity is voluntary and may result in personal injury (including death) and/or property damage. By attending, observing, or participating in the Activity, you acknowledge and assume all risks and dangers associated with your participation and/or attendance at the Activity.
DUTY TO SELF-MONITOR:
I agree to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (symptoms typically include fever, cough, and shortness of breath) and, contact the NSA at email@example.com if I experience symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days after participating in an Activity.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ALL PROVISIONS OF THIS RELEASE, AND FREELY AND KNOWINGLY ASSUME THE RISK AND WAIVE MY RIGHTS CONCERNING LIAIBLITY AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
I understand and agree that the law of the State of California will apply to this release. In the event any provision or part of this release is found to be invalid or unenforceable, only that particular provision or part so found, and not the entire release, will be inoperative. I hereby certify that I am 18 years of age or older.